Requirements: Prepared List File
For information about how to prepare a list for import, please see the following link: Creating a List file for Import
How to Import a Prepared List File
- Click the Add Contact button in the top right corner
- A new window should appear, click the Import List tab at the top
- Click Browse Files or Drag your CSV or Excel file into the window to upload the List File
Matching Columns to the Corresponding Profile Fields
- Review each column
- Choose the correct field and format for each column by clicking on top of the each column
- For more details on what formats we support: Data Format for Fields
- If you choose Other / Import as Note Field, a Note will be added to your Notes for the contact
- If you choose Skip, the entire column will be removed from the review screen.
- You cannot undo this skip - once you do, you'll have to start the process over again to import that column.
Review Your Import
Adding Tags to your List
Add Tags button to tag all contacts on this import with specific demographic, genre, format, or custom tags.
Once you click on the Add Tags button, a sidebar will appear with options of selecting the tags you want. See below:
Add a List File to an Existing List or Create a New List
- While on the Review your import page, click on the Add To List button on the top right
- If you see the name of your List instead of the Add To List button, it's because you were viewing the list when you began your List import. The same instructions will still apply below.
- Choose either Add to Existing List or Create a New List
- If you choose Add to Existing List, a small window will appear showing you the options for Lists that you've already created.
- Choose the List you want then click Add.
- If choose Create New List, a small window will appear allowing you to create a new list
- Type out the new List Name for the list you are creating
- Set the Color
- Don't worry, you change this later
- Click Create List
Once you've picked the correct list, click Import on the top right and just wait until the screen changes back to the My Network page. That's it!